Prof. Ulisses Miranda Azeiteiro, Prof. Andreia Setti and Prof. Mário Jorge Pereira, University of Aveiro, Portugal
This special issue will look at issues that will be central to world sustainable development through efficient and effective technology transfer, the challenges these pose for developing countries, and the global framework for dealing with science and technology. The general theme will be to discuss integrated approaches to the problems of technology transfer within an urban and rural development context and how research can contribute to SDG implementation.
We aim to gather theoretical analyses, empirical evidence and concrete experiences from projects around the world paying special attention to the academic and non-academic sectors, which illustrate Innovative Solutions.
Experiences and case studies from the global south are especially welcome, hence addressing the chronic need to document and disseminate experiences from these regions.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Health and wellbeing states and territories
- Health promotion
- Integrated scientific approach towards sustainable development
- Characterising challenges and providing solutions
- Developing program goals and measurable objectives
- Monitoring, evaluation and measurable results
- Research needs and pathways to policy implementation
- Advancing solutions to implementation of the SDGs and climate change agreements
- Dialogue between science and policymakers
- New developments and emerging research frontiers
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper). All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page: http://www.inderscience.com/info/inauthors/author_submit.php
Submission of manuscripts: 30 June, 2017
Notification to authors: 30 November, 2017
Final versions due: 27 February, 2018